Mid-Autumn Moon Festival & Tea Tasting Workshop
Join us for this traditional Asian cultural holiday. It is said the moon is most round and birghtest durin gthis time whcih symbolizes reunion. Moon cakes and Chinese hors d'oeuvres are often served with tea on this holiday. Come for moon gazing, performances and learn the signifigance Moon Cakes play in Chinese history.
This year, our Mid-Autumn Moon Festival will be combined with our Tea Tasting Workshop! Learn the difference between the different types of teas, ie. Green, Black, Oolong, etc.
- Tea brewing instructions and cookware discussion.
- Discover the health benefits and medicinal uses of tea.
- Understand the difference between store bought tea and high quality loose tea.
- Learn from a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor.
- Tea Tasting and refreshments will be served.
Mooncakes and Chinese hors D'oeuvres willbe served.
Please bring your own Asian tea cup to sample "various types" of teas and a stand-alone candle/lantern for evening light. All proceeds will benefit teh Asian Cultural Society (Chinese New year Event).
Cost: $20.00 per person
When & Where: Saturday Oct. 6th 6:30 pm in Visalia
RSVP: Center for Integrated Medicine 625-4246
- Sat, Oct 06, 2012 12:00 AM